Ultra-low SSI Viscosity Modifier
Petadd VM-1(P) is a crumb-form viscosity modifier, based on styrene polymer chemistry. It provides exceptional shear stability & thickening power, as well as good low temperature performance.
- Intended for use in high quality automotive crank case lubricants.
- Dissolve in oil at 100-120°C, under high agitation for 4-8 hours.
- A treat of 4-6% is recommended to achieve maximum thickening potential. Use with a suitable PPD.
- The physical form simplifies and speeds up the process of dissolving into base oil.
- Great cold weather performance.
- Extremely stable under mechanical stress (SSI = 1)
|Viscosity Index (1% in SN150)||150||ASTM D2170|
|K.V. @ 40°C (cSt, 1% in SN150)||52.5||ASTM D445|
|K.V. @ 100°C (cSt, 1% in SN150)||9.25||ASTM D445|
|Pour Point (°C, 1% in SN150 + 0.25% PPD)||-28||ASTM D97|
|CCS @ -28°C (mPa-s, 1% in SN150)||6,000||ASTM D5293|
|Shear Stability Index||1||ASTM D6022|