Petadd VM-15(C) is a pellet-form viscosity modifier based on ethylene-propylene polymer technology. This product is highly stable, offering excellent shear stability; it also provides good cold weather performance.
- Petadd VM-15(C) has found applications in the automotive (engine oil) and greases lubricants industries.
- Petadd VM-15(C) should be dissolved under agitation at 10-12% w/w, in SN150 at 100°C – 120°C, until all the product has dissolved (this will typically take 6-12 hours). The dissolved product may then be incorporated into the finished blend. Crankcase lubricant formulations are provided below:
- To meet grade 5W/30, the recommended treat rate is 0.8% – 1.2%.
- To meet grade 10W/40, the recommended treat rate is 1.0% – 1.4%.
- To meet grade 15W/40, the recommended treat rate is 0.75% – 0.90%.
- To meet grade 20W/50, the recommended treat rate is 0.65% – 0.90%.
Storage and Handling
If in long term storage, the maximum recommended temperature is 30°C. Do not expose to direct sunlight. Consult the SDS for further information.
|Ethylene Content (%m)||72||-||ASTM D3900|
|K.V. @100°C (cSt)||802||-||ASTM D445|
|Pour Point (°C)||-27||-||ASTM D97|
|Volatiles (%m)||-||0.1||ASTM D1416|