New Sandbach Headquarters for Petrico
Petrico, the specialist distributor of petroleum and chemical products, has relocated to new offices in Sandbach as the company’s European expansion continues. Working in partnership with organisations ranging from small regional niche distributors to global multinationals, Petrico has doubled the size of its business in just 24 months and further growth is anticipated.
“With our work force doubling, our town centre HQ was no longer fit for purpose,” explains Andrew Lamb, Managing Director, Petrico Ltd. “Thankfully, an opportunity arose just 200 yards along the road with the office space and car parking to meet our expanding needs. We wanted to re locate locally to avoid any upheaval for our employees. We all enjoy working in Sandbach, it’s a lovely bustling market town and well located for road, rail and air travel. ”
“The move is all part of future-proofing our business,” continues Lamb. “It’s a smart location that now reflects the quality of our organisation and has the floor space to allow Petrico to continue to grow. It was equally as important to provide our hard working team of 10 people with a spacious and pleasant working environment. It’s an attractive old building but was energy inefficient. As we place great emphasis upon latest technology compounds that enable industry to improve efficiencies and reduce emissions, we decided on moving in to commit time and resources to improve our own carbon footprint. We are working across a range of areas and whilst it’s still early days, we’ve made a good start. For example, the previous tenants were generating 1000 watts of electricity a month and we are already down to 200.”